Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer directs all financial activities, including reporting, planning, supervision, and investments for all of the organization.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties. Provide back-up in these areas when needed.
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Lead staff training and development in budgeting and financial management areas.
- Oversee shareholder operations and investor relations.
- Performs a variety of general banking and accounting tasks within the bank.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Proven experience as a CFO or in a similar senior leadership role.
- Strong understanding of financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
- Experience in business analysis and risk management.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
If you are a strategic thinker with a strong background in finance, we invite you to apply for the position of Chief Financial Officer. As a key member of our executive team, you will play a critical role in shaping our financial strategy and ensuring the long-term success of our organization. We offer competitive compensation packages and opportunities for professional development. Join us in this exciting journey as we continue to expand our business and achieve new milestones.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chief Financial Officer
|First Neighborhood Bank
|Posting Start Date:
|This listing expires on: 2/1/2025