Compliance Specialist, Sr
Location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28211 Vienna, VA, US, 22182 Myrtle Beach, SC, US, 29577 Denver, NC, US, 2803Charleston, SC, US, 29407
Hold primary responsibility for managing United’s CRA Investment strategy. Collaborate with the commercial lending team on United’s community development lending strategy and assist with implementation. Hold primary responsibility for conducting CRA-related trainings on community development lending. Develop and manage relationships with nonprofit and public sector partners. Recommend overall program enhancements, best practices, and innovative ideas to advance United’s CRA strategy and rating and collaborate on implementation with business lines. Support day-to-day operations of United’s CRA program, particularly as it pertains to investments and community development lending.
- Develop community partner relationships in collaboration with the local sales teams. Support United’s sales teams on CRA-related outreach strategies, including researching best practices, recommending product enhancements, and working with the marketing team.
- Manage United’s CRA investment strategy by monitoring investment levels, creating a strategy for maintaining adequate investment balances across various geographies, and identify additional qualified investments that align with United’s overall CRA strategy.
- Direct in-person and virtual trainings. Assist with providing additional employee training through conference calls.
- Identify and support community development projects and outreach opportunities throughout United’s footprint.
- Oversee monitoring of existing Federal Home Loan Bank grants and manage new grant applications
- Represent United at various community development events throughout the region.
- Assist with data analysis and reporting.
- Answer employees’ and customers’ CRA-related questions and assist with CRA-related projects and/or matters.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding and apply the requirements of the various related laws, regulations, and rulings governing the Bank’s CRA activities and trainings to ensure compliance.
- Stay current on community needs and activities to promote flexible financial solutions that are responsive.
- Collaborate with CRA Officer on CRA exams and merger applications as needed.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships within the communities.
Compliance Specialist, Sr
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s degree with a business, community development, or related major and a minimum of five (5) years of direct related CRA or credit/lending work experience required, or 10 years of direct related CRA or credit/lending experience in banking or community development in lieu of degree required
- Strong verbal, public speaking, and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage the full cycle of projects is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster community partnerships required
- Demonstrated passion for community development is required
- Strong understanding of complex financing tools highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of the CRA regulations preferred
- Working knowledge of local nonprofit sector a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required.
- Comfortable with data analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and customers internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a fast-paced environment required
- Ability to travel up to 20%, may include overnight travel to other locations and/or events.
||This listing expires on: 2/22/2024