Staff Accountant (Full Time)
The Staff Accountant is responsible for being a contributing member of the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position is an integral part to the accounting team and the day-to-day financial accounting of the business. This position will assist in parts of the month-end close processes and be an important player in helping the accounting team and the business to continually improve. The Staff Accountant will also use their financial knowledge to provide support to the lending department for credit analysis used in credit decisions by conducting reviews of credit data to evaluate loan requests and participate in underwriting and analysis of loan applications. This individual analyzes sources of financial information, such as financial statements, tax returns, credit bureau reports and cash flow statements to determine the estimated level of risk of a loan. This individual prepares reports in response to new and additional credit proposals for lenders and loan committees.
- Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department
- Use analytical abilities and established guidelines to spread and translate basic financial reporting of business entities and individuals into bank standard format for further analysis
- Support monthly, quarterly and year end closing process
- Preparing for financial audits and assisting in the audit process
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
||Logan Bank & Trust
||$40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university or college is preferred or equivalent combination of experience and training. Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Ability to understand basic loan documentation, including notes, business loan agreements, security agreements and title documents.
- Ability to understand and dissect financial documentation, including financial statements, tax returns and credit reports.
- Understanding and application of accounting principles.
- The ability to communicate, both written and oral at an effective level, is required.
- Basic understanding and use of computer software, such as Excel, Word and E-mail is a prerequisite.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. It is the policy of Logan Bank and Trust to take affirmative action in equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. Employment is contingent upon completing and passing a background check and drug test.
TO APPLY FOR JOB CLICK HERE
||This listing expires on: 2/6/2024