Start Date: 8/7/2023 8:30 AM EDT
End Date: 10/18/2023 3:30 AM EDT
Venue Name: Zoom
Event Website: https://wabankers.com/cldp/
Sponsor: Sherry Krainick (WBA)
This comprehensive program emphasizes the entire commercial loan life cycle and provides participants with current lending approaches, an updated focus on key analytics and regulatory issues. Designed for bankers already in the commercial lending field who would like to strengthen their credit skills, as well for those credit analysts moving into commercial lending, students will learn what it takes to successfully compete in the highly-competitive lending market. Best practices, case studies and exposure to industry experts will be included in the curriculum.
WBA/MBA/WVBA Members*: $2,750, $3,250 after July 18
Non-Members: $3,750, $4,250 after July 18
HOMEWORK & MENTORS:
- Session 1: 8/7/23, Jeffery Johnson; Marketing/Business development/Negotiations
- Session 2: 8/8/23, Jeffery Johnson; In-Depth Financial Analysis
- Session 3: 9/5/23, John Barrickman; In-Depth Cash Flow
- Session 4: 9/6/23, John Barrickman; In-Depth Loan Structure
- Session 5: 9/28/23, Richard Mayeda, Credit Memorandum Preparation/Presentations
- Session 6: 9/29/23, Richard Mayeda, Loan Review/Documentation/Compliance and Regulations
- Session 7: 10/17/23, Richard Mayeda, Problem Loan Monitoring/Business Law/Lender Liability
- Session 8: 10/18/23,Richard Mayeda, Comprehensive Overview: Senior Credit Officer Presentations and Panel; Credit Presentation
Participants are required to complete 6-8 hours of homework a month. This prepares them to best understand the topics, challenges them to be proactive in their learning and to seek out the advice of key individuals within their own institution when needed. After completing their individual assignments, participants debrief during class to compare notes and learn how their peers approached the questions. Each student is also paired with an executivelevel mentor from their bank, who works with them to reinforce the classroom learning experience. Mentors are a required part of the program, and act as a sounding board to assist in understanding new concepts.
Students can miss one class during this program, which can be made up the following year. If more than one class is missed, the student will not receive their graduation certificate, but can earn it by attending the missed class the next year.
REGISTRATION FORM (PRINT)