Start Date: 5/21/2023 2:00 PM EDT
End Date: 5/26/2023 1:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: University of Charleston Location:
2300 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV United States 25304
2023 WEST VIRGINIA SCHOOL OF BANKING
The WV School of Banking program consists of formal instruction, lecture, case analysis, group discussions and, in the second year and third year, Bank Exec, a computer-based bank management program. Between the first and second year, home-study problems will be assigned for completion prior to the beginning of the session. Sessions include guest lectures by speakers with outstanding reputations in the banking field. In addition, WV School of Banking Fellows, CEOs, senior bank managers and regulators, are available for informal and wide-ranging discussions throughout the week.
Why send your bankers to the West Virginia School of Banking?
What will your bankers get from the program?
- The WV School of Banking is committed to the best quality education for your bankers
- Senior bankers have played a key role in selecting timely and relevant content
- Content stresses job enrichment, as well as career advancement
- Faculty is professional, well-trained and evaluated
- Your training and education dollars are well spent
- The latest in banking information, procedures and technology
- Superior instruction from experienced bankers and educators
- The knowledge and skills to enhance their professionalism
The curriculum is designed for bankers possessing a working knowledge and understanding of basic banking terms, concepts and processes. Applicants should have a college degree and two years' banking experience or a high school diploma and five years' banking experience.
In addition, applicants should have completed AIB or college courses in Principles of Banking, Money and Banking and Accounting. However, documented work experience or demonstrated knowledge may be substituted for portions of the required course work.
Final approval of all applications will be determined by the School's Admissions Committee. The admission policies of the West Virginia School of Banking ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, creed, national origin or age.
The Third Year graduate school requires prior experience in bank simulation and graduation from the WV School of Banking or another equivalent Banking School.
- A passing grade on the first year session exam.
- Participation in the second year team bank presentation
- A grade of "C" or above on each of the two home-study problems
- Attendance at all WV School of Banking educational functions.
- Completed evaluation form
Students will reside in the dormitory at the University of Charleston. Private rooms will be given to all students unless a roommate is requested. No discount on the tuition will be given to those not staying on campus. A quiet floor may be available upon request, but is not guaranteed.
All sessions will be conducted at classrooms on the University campus. During available time, students will have access to the University's recreational facilities if they are not being used by local groups.
All meals, with the exception of two free evenings, are included in the tuition and are served on campus. Casual attire is appropriate throughout the school week.
- Bank Financial Analysis
- Communication Skills
- Commercial Lending
- Credit Reports and Red Flags
- Asset/Liability Management
- Retail Lending
- Business Development
- Bank Exec Simulation
- Asset Quality Management
- Capital Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management & Planning
- Team Building/Leadership
- Federal Reserve
- Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation
- Advanced Bank Simulation
- MBA Level Economics
- Management Styles
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Management Styles
- Credit Analysis
- Cash Management
- Current Banking Hot Topics
- Federal Reserve
- Board of Director
The WV School of Banking qualifies for 36 hours of CPE credits per year from the WV Board of Accountancy.