Start Date: 5/19/2024 12:00 PM EDT
End Date: 5/24/2024 1:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: University of Charleston Location:
2300 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV United States 25304
2024 WEST VIRGINIA SCHOOL OF BANKING
The WV School of Banking program consists of formal instruction, lecture, case analysis, group discussions and, in the second year and third year, Bank Exec, a computer-based bank management program. Between the first and second year, home-study problems will be assigned for completion prior to the beginning of the session. Sessions include guest lectures by speakers with outstanding reputations in the banking field. In addition, WV School of Banking Fellows, CEOs, senior bank managers and regulators, are available for informal and wide-ranging discussions throughout the week.
Why send your bankers?
- The WV School of Banking is committed to the best quality education for your bankers
- Senior bankers have played a key role in selecting timely and relevant content
- Content stresses job enrichment, as well as career advancement
- Faculty is professional, well-trained and evaluated
- Your training and education dollars are well spent
What will your bankers get from the program?
- The latest in banking information, procedures and technology
- Superior instruction from experienced bankers and educators
- The knowledge and skills to enhance their professionalism
- The curriculum is designed for bankers possessing a working knowledge and understanding of basic banking terms, concepts and processes. Applicants should have a college degree and two years' banking experience or a high school diploma and five years' banking experience.
- In addition, applicants should have completed AIB or college courses in Principles of Banking, Money and Banking and Accounting. However, documented work experience or demonstrated knowledge may be substituted for portions of the required course work.
- Final approval of all applications will be determined by the School's Admissions Committee. The admission policies of the West Virginia School of Banking ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, creed, national origin or age.
- The Third Year graduate school requires prior experience in bank simulation and graduation from the WV School of Banking or another equivalent Banking School.
- A passing grade on the first year session exam.
- Participation in the second year team bank presentation
- A grade of "C" or above on each of the two home-study problems
- Attendance at all WV School of Banking educational functions.
- Completed evaluation form
The WV School of Banking qualifies for 36 hours of CPE credits per year from the WV Board of Accountancy.