WVBankers is pleased to offer the Universal Banker Certification Program
With reduced in-branch transactions and customer visits and an increase in technology, less traditional teller functions are needed. No longer can a frontline team member say: “It’s not my job!” Today’s frontline team is shifting from traditional positions (tellers, new account representatives, financial service representatives, etc.) to a multi-tasking, “universal" banker. Today’s customer base is shifting from the traditional, visit the bank twice a week to quick response, electronic banking relationship with the bank.
This two-day certification program focuses on the essentials for today’s universal banker in providing exceptional service, making referrals, and building profitable relationships from millennials to baby boomers. The Certification Program is packaged full of checklists, job aids, case studies, examples, and "real world" situations.
Attendees will also receive a Certification of Completion.
Who Should Attend: All Retail bank employees in customer contact positions
- Understanding the Changing Role of Retail Banking
- Defining and Developing the Universal Banker
- Core Competencies for the Universal Banker
- Defining Professionalism for Today’s Bankers
- Etiquette and Netiquette Tips and Tools
- Representing the Bank and Networking
- Becoming the One Source for the Exceptional Customer Experience
- Moving from Order Taker to Relationship Banker
- Maximizing the Customer On-Boarding Process
- Making Referrals as Simple as A-B-C
- Meeting the Needs of Today’s Customers
- Focus on Baby Boomers
- Focus on Generation X
- Focus on Generation Y (Millennials),
- Focus on Generation Z
- And much more…
The benefits of this certification process include:
- An investment in developing “best practices” for your bank’s retail network.
- An educational resource for training and career development and retention.
- Recognition and opportunities for frontline team members.
- A foundation builder for banking schools.
- A commitment to the successful, profitable, efficient and effective retail banking network.
What is the Process for Certification?
This is a comprehensive certification program that focuses on three key components:
1. Completion of the Universal Banker Certification Program.
2. Completion of assessment before and after attending the Certification Program.
3. Annually attending one workshop to re-certify each year.