IRA Basics & Advanced
The Crazy World Of IRA Rules and Regulations
While it may take years to build a confidence level where you can answer almost any question thrown your way, the goal of these two days is to raise your comfort level if you are a rookie and to reinforce your knowledge if you have a higher level of experience. You will also receive your favorite “tool” – the 250-page 2017-2018 Sunwest Training Corp’s IRA Training and Reference Manual - which is not only full of easy-to-follow IRA information but also lots of “Cheat Sheets” and “Quick Reference Tools” to get you through your day-to-day tasks of dealing with your IRA customers.
This intensive 2-day format will help you pull it all together by helping you learn the following:
- Understanding the Top 20 Basic Terms of IRAs.
- Next, we will review the most commonly used forms to create and complete IRA transactions. (Since this is not vendor-form-specific, please bring a copy of your bank’s IRA Application form, Contribution Form, Distribution Form, and Rollover Review or Rollover Certification Form as well as any other forms you may have questions on).
- As the day goes on, you will pick up knowledge of the IRA plan types, Traditional, Roth, and SEP.
- As we go into the second day, we will nail down the use of the proper terminology of “Rollover” vs. “Transfer” when moving money from an employer plan to an IRA and from an IRA to an IRA. IRA to IRA Rollover rules had big changes effective 2015!!
- Health Savings Accounts – What’s our job and what’s the customer’s responsibility?
- NEW: How to report “late” or “tardy” rollovers on 2017 5498.
- And finally, you will better-learn and comprehend the complicated areas of IRA Distributions to owners and beneficiaries and IRS reporting, resulting in a better picture of this complicated topic.
Whether you are looking to gain basic knowledge of IRAs, raise your comfort level or sharpen your skills with the most up-to-date rules and regulations, this two-day format will cover everything!
Instructor: Patrice Konarik, Sunwest Training Corp.
Location: Stonewall Resort
This course can be taken separately, or for more comprehensive training, both days are recommended
- First Day - Basic
- Second Day - Advanced
Registration is available online for both days only. To register for one day, please e-mail Shannon Kessler: firstname.lastname@example.org