Location: Holiday Inn Express Charleston, WV
Speakers: Jack & Kelly Owsley (Compliance Resource, LLC)
On August 24, 2017, the CFPB issued final amendments for two pending proposals for HMDA. This final rule temporarily increases the open-end threshold to 500 or more open-end lines of credit for the previous two calendar years. With this amendment, financial institutions that have not met this threshold will not be required to collect on their open-end lines before January 1, 2020. The final rule also makes various technical corrections and amendments to the final rule effective January 1, 2018, all of which will be covered within the program.
The program provides:
- A thorough explanation of which institutions are covered by HMDA and Regulation C.
- A review of which loans are and are not reportable.
- Detailed info on how to complete the LAR. The reportable data, expanded from 26 to 53 fields.
- Info regarding amendments related to: collection of ethnicity, race, & sex of applicants & borrowers.
- Clarification of the rules related to secondary market and broker transactions;
- A review of the 2017 and 2018 Filing Instructions Guide (FIG) (published July 2016);
- Detail on the data submission and public availability requirements. The final rule:
- Proposed revisions published on April 13, 2017 and July 14, 2017.
- Steps to identify and eliminate reporting errors and thereby avoid penalties.
Why Attend? This full-day program provides a thorough review of HMDA and the revised Regulation C rules. It also assures participants:
- Understand the new requirements;
- Have a plan to implement the new requirements; and
- Are aware of potential problems resulting from the new requirements.
Participants receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed.
Who Should Attend? The program is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, loan processors and clerks and auditors. Whether new to the requirements of HMDA and Regulation C or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive review of the new requirements of HMDA and Regulation C.
Approved for 6.5 CPE credit hours with the WV Board of Accountancy