The Disaster Experience
Disasters of every shape, size, look and feel happen all the time, affecting businesses, people’s jobs, lives and families, and ultimately, the economy. How would you handle unexpected disruption?
Never be caught unprepared again!
The Disaster Experience --- A Mock Disaster Exercise - Bob Mellinger
Chances are that while you read this, an unexpected disaster is causing financial institution stress and confusion and is affecting their long-term ability to provide products and services to its customers. Is the organization prepared to handle it? Will it be able to recover?
These exercises are designed to put you in the throes of a real-life disaster situation, as it unfolds. You will make the critical decisions any organization will have to make - and deal with the consequences of those decisions! After you’ve finished, you’ll understand the importance of planning in advance for a disaster or other business disruption.
Session participants will:
- Understand the basic principles of emergency management, how they apply to Business Continuity Planning and effective risk management;
- Understand the importance of creating, maintaining, and testing a Business Continuity Plan;
- Experience first-hand the problems that can result from a poorly developed, poorly executed, or non-existent plan;
- Have an opportunity to share personal experiences with colleagues regarding business continuity challenges;
- Discuss lessons learned from both previously experienced disasters and future disasters that could affect their organization.
FREE tour of the FBI’s Biometric Center of Excellence Included for the first 25 registrants!
FBI: Biometric Center of Excellence ** FBI tour is the day before the seminar**
If you have never had the opportunity to tour the FBI Center in Bridgeport, this is your chance! We will tour the FBI’s newly opened Biometric Center of Excellence (BCOE) facility. We will meet several FBI agents, and watch live demonstrations as they scan and identify fingerprints. The technology they have is amazing! You do not want to miss this!