Collecting Past Due Accounts & Complying with the CFPB's Guidelines
LOCATION: Sam Bowling Conference Center, 3601 MacCorkle Ave. SE Charleston, WV 25304
PRESENTER: Greg Souther, Founder and CEO of iTrain OnDemand (iTod)
Boosting your collection efforts can be difficult in any market. Likewise, navigating collection regulations can be complicated despite good faith efforts to comply with the law. But when the economy is tight, and aggressive plaintiffs’ attorneys and regulators are actively searching for a single misstep, managing your credit and collection efforts can seem impossible!
Fear not, you will learn to identify (and therefore prevent) imprudent collection efforts and will offer guidance on strengthening your debt recovery strategies. After exploring a range of regulatory issues and recent court cases, there will also be discussion of best practices to keep you and your Institution out of hot water.
HIGHLIGHTS (Phone scripts will be supplied to all attendees)
• Streamlining your policy, procedures, & practices
• Phone scripts and letters that ensure compliance and get results
• Calling Techniques: Collecting your money before the competition
• Collection Tips for habitual late paying customers
• Letters that get results and are compliant
• Reporting past due customers using Metro2/E-OSCAR and the benefits to your bank
• Bankruptcies: The Auto Stay and steps to secure and protect your collateral
• Investigation: Finding money when the customer says he/she is broke
• Skip tracing: Calling neighbors, searching internet, Social Media, and more
• Collection Role Play – More fun and informative than you expect