Business Development for Retail Bankers
Growing the Business - Prospecting and Protecting Key Customers
Protecting your key customers and gaining new business customers are keys to the success of any community bank's growth in today’s volatile environment. Does your bank have a focused, systematic approach to business development? No longer can we rely on customers coming to us, we must get out of the bank and call on with current customers as well as prospective customers. This program is designed to provide the foundational systems and develop the skills needed to be effective at making business calls.
We will address some of the common reasons why business development is so challenging: dealing with the discomfort of making calls, finding the time to make calls, and ensuring the calls are focused and results-oriented.
Participants are encouraged to bring actual customer and prospect situations to the training workshop.
LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR THE PROGRAM:
- Developing a Business Developing Strategy for Customer Retention
- Understanding the Calling Process: a Systematic, Step-by-Step Process for Making Quality, Results-Driven Relationship Focused Business Calls
- Increasing Share of Wallet with Current Customers – Value-Added Selling, Cross-Selling, Relationship Building
- Building Referrals from Three Key Sources
- Preparing for the Key Customer Visit
- Key Questions to Ask During a Meeting with Current Customers
- Handling Challenging Situations
- Developing a Prospecting Program: Researching, Identifying and Prioritizing Prospects
- Minimizing Price and Fee Objections
- Preparing for the Prospect First Visit
- Planning and Asking Key Questions during a Meeting with Prospects
- Making the Difference –between You and the Competition
- The 5 Keys to Getting a Commitment
- Making Joint Calls
- Following Up and Action Planning