Asset Liability Management and Investments
This seminar will explore the unique challenges of managing interest rate risk and investments in the current banking environment. Particular focus will be placed on sustaining bank interest margins in these challenging economic times along with management reporting tools, techniques, and processes that can enhance performance and comply with regulatory expectations. We will also discuss specific balance sheet management strategies with an emphasis on the critical importance of the investment portfolio. A specific case study will be reviewed as well. Other topics to be discussed include Fed Policy, Liquidity Risk, IRR Back-Testing, and Assumptions for IRR modeling.
Why You Should Attend:
- Demystify issues relating to current regulatory guidance
- Assess the banking environment in 2013
- Review key interest rate risk modeling issues
- Explore interest rate risk reporting and back-testing of assumptions
- Learn to manage balance sheet cash flows and dynamics
- Examine specific case studies of A/L strategies
Presenters will be Ed Krei and Jeff Caughron from The Baker Group.
Location: Charleston Marriott
Approved for 6.5 CPE credit hours from the WV Board of Accountancy.